Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A bit more of my inner bard

Untitled


wall crumbles
velvet envelops
horizon expands
history shifts in orbit
learn it anew
blink
has the very quality of the light changed?
begin the fool's journey
pilgrim?
warrior?
ambassador?
heart swells, senses dazzle
treasure,
glory,
toys,
the waking dream,
legends fufilled
yet;
men are but men
history may crack,
paradigms shift,
moments flare and fizzle
ghosts linger
walls are more than bricks and mortar
old and bitter lessons learned anew
faithlessness endures,
men remain pawns
shadows gather on either side
left
kings and dissidents
right
small gods, martyrs in modern dress
I
other
my face is my oppressor's
they will not see
words have power
words are illusions
I
smothering, drowning
reaching out through clashing currents
hold myself afloat
exhaustion
paralysis
play the role as cast
melancholy dane
brat prince
I
not a hero
I
me
who?
who are you?




Untilted 2.0

a graceful stride,
power masked,

a secret glance,
atom of a memory,

ask not of me
I'll ask not in return,

take comfort in another's struggles
they reflect Your own,
revel in another's glory
it stirs my blood,

the magic hand of fate relies not on spectacle
but timing,
synchronicity,

events not kinetic,
but etched on souls marks of hidden majesty,
Muses in cosultation,

release control,

dreams in action,
triggers,
fancy skates the line of ethereal and concrete,

ships pass in the night
haunted lights reflecting in the waves
guiding our course,

bolstering faith,
Angels of flesh in turn.




When I run dry....


winding journey
tiny guards capped with cones
swing wide the gates
these woods know my heart
my flesh
green green green
flash of stone and steel
what king crowned this vista?
what mortal god did bless these lands?
elemental music
arranged as symphony
green green green
cobbles
a vantage where this place feels human
like a waiting embrace
enter the maze
know the puzzles and fancies of the land
ambition
comfort
home
seduction
glamour
achievement
reflection
humor
the familiar placed delibratley to be exotic
all threaded
woven in spirit
native mysticism
old world wisdom
the explorer's vision
tranquility of the east
here there be ghosts
not of men but of their dreams
who failed to wake?
that I might traverse this landscape of the unconcious
how did they know?
the corners of my heart
the planes of my mind
the angles of my life
the whimsy of my spirit?
the impossible is tangible
its surrounds
oddly humble in fruition
and I am
humbled
inspired
carry this with me
the vision of beauty
the texture of stone
the strength steel
the odors of growing things
the tastes of nobility and granduer
the echoes of Falling water.




No comments: