Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Cockroaches and History

To the cockroach on my foot last night:

Ugly invader
you danced on my toes
did you fly in the window?
or come in on my clothes?
3am's not the hour
to come near my bed.
I'm sorry for the publication
that smashed in your head.
Took a second smack
to quiet your ends
But this is not a public venue
so don't tell your friends.
An end to my resting
is all that you made
But your solo did inspire me....

to pick up some Raid.



To the History Channel.

I love you,
I must
Because I'm a nerd
your DaVinci documentaries
they were the last word.
I'd take you over almost
all but Ken Burns.
But then there are some weeks
when your programming turns.
Someone needs to say it
these weeks get quite old.
And of course it is me
who will be that damn bold.
Though History International
sometimes gets me through
There's more to all of History
Than FUCKING WORLD WAR TWO!!!!

No comments: